Breaking News
recent

Meet Uniben overall best graduating student- Miss OSARUMWESE OLUWAKEMI IGIEHON

Uniben overall best graduating student- Microbiology Scholar, Miss Igiehon Oluwakemi


It's a beautiful Sunny and remarkable day in Benin as University of Benin had her 44th convocation and prize giving ceremony.

It was graced by dignitaries from all over the country.

As usual, University of Benin graduands left everyone speechless as outstanding students  from different departments were called out.
I was able to talk with some of the graduands including the overall best graduating student of Uniben- MISS OSARUMWESE OLUWAKEMI IGIEHON who graduated with a whopping CGPA of 4:91 from the department of Microbiology.

Her humility and soft nature awes me.



Below is my conversation with the Microbioly Scholar!
OLUFUNKE FOLU: Congratulations ma'am, I'm Moronfolu Olufunke, i own a blog and I'm quite fascinated with people that have accomplished phenomenal feats and i would love to write your story for the world.

MISS OLUWAKEMI: aww! Thanks

OLUFUNKE FOLU: Could you please tell me about your family??

MISS OLUWAKEMI: Well, my mum is a sales rep for a publishing company and my dad is self employed at Warri. I'm the first child among three children.

OLUFUNKE FOLU: How would you describe your performance in secondary school?

MISS OLUWAKEMI: Yes! I was just a normal student im secondary school, a student with academic challenges.

OLUFUNKE FOLU: Challenges like what??

MISS OLUWAKEMI: At a time i had issues with Mathematics, i wasn't doing well. Then i decided to work a little bit harder and i realised that true success is in God. It was when i gave my life to Christ in SSS3 that i began to do things exceptionally, i began to excel in class even to the point of having the best WAEC result in my school.

OLUFUNKE FOLU: Wow!

MISS OKUWAKEMI: it was just the Holy Spirit at work.

When i gained admission into uniben, things were not really nice in 100level, probably because i was trying to adjust to the environment and other things.

But then in 200level by the grace of God, i got motivated to study more and also to commit my ways to God's hands. I would always write the grades i wanted in each subject every semester down and pray to God for grace to attain such grades.

In 300llevel i emerged as the best student in my class, 400level i was the prize winner and today I'm the best graduating student in the University of Benin.

It's being God all the way, and my family and well wishers have been very supportive and wonderful.

OLUFUNKE FOLU: What would you describe as your lifestyle in school??

MISS OLUWAKEMI: (laughs) most people would think, i lived the triangle life and of course, they are right! I am an introvert that is just trying to get better, so my social interaction was limited.

OLUFUNKE FOLU: I assume you visit the library alot
MISS OLUWAKEMI: (laughs) yes i did! I had a special spot in the library. I go to the library during the day and night class in the evening.

OLUFUNKE FOLU: That's a "jackophyte" talking! what was the maximum time you ever read for??
MISS OLUWAKEMI: hmmmmm, 6-7 hours. Mind you, it wasn't at a stretch, i would take a break then come back. I wasn't the 15 hours kind of person, God just blessed me with swift and divine understanding.

OLUFUNKE FOLU: What were your best and worst moments in school??
MISS OLUWAKEMI: uhn! My worst moment was in 100 level, we were having a pbb class which was supposed to be a practical class and i left my practical book in the hostel and without the book i won't be able to do the practical. I was also meant to submit it that day because it had all my assignments in it. I thought i was going to fail the course so i started crying and everyone was laughing at me.
My best moment is today! I'm so so so happy!

OLUFUNKE FOLU: How would you describe your finance in school??
MISS OLUWAKEMI: Finance has always been a challenge right from primary school, but I'm grateful to God, as he has always made a way.

OLUFUNKE FOLU: What advice do you have for the undergraduates?
MISS OLUWAKEMI: My simple advice is that, they should remember God in the days of your youth and also do everything with all their might and strength.
True success comes from God alone, so God will bless you as long as you believe in him and work diligently.

OLUFUNKE FOLU: Congratulations once again ma, thanks a lot for your time! I won't want to hold you more than i already did.
MISS OLUWAKEMI: (Laughs) no problem, you're welcome.


Moe_rayo

Moe_rayo

14 comments:

Hello dear! Thanks for reading this post. Your thoughts about this post would be highly appreciated.

Powered by Blogger.